4th July Ride.

Go down

4th July Ride.

Post by Peter Barclay on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

I'm walking on the dark side here, my first posting on our Forumotion site. So here goes!

A big thank you to Tim (my son in law) for opening up the shed for our visit yesterday. And a special thanks to his crew who showed us around and answered a hundred questions. 

Thats Pete (on the hydroblaster), and Bruce who cooked our snags. There was also Brian there who answered many questions, and contributed to the day in a big way. Brian suffers from an infliction called "Nortonitis". IE There is only one motorcycle brand ever produced and that is Norton. Brian is a past President and a long time committee member of Historical Motorcycle Racing Association of Victoria. He owns and races a P3 and also a P4 outfits, both Norton powered. He also punts a handshifter Indian around the tracks as well. Brian was only visiting yesterday. Thanks Brian.

As I sit here typing this out on Thursday morning, its raining outside. Gees we were lucky with the weather. Except it being a bit windy, it was as good as it gets weather wise for riding in the middle of winter.

We headed out of Waurn Ponds and headed south towards Mt Duneed through Fresh Creek over to Moriac, nearly to Modewarre, up to Gnarwarre, up to the Hamilton Hwy, where most thought we were going straight to Inverleigh. Nope, tricked Ya. Headed north up to Teesdale and down the Teesdale-Inverleigh road. If we were going to Inverleigh by any other direction my intentions was to come down that road. About 80 clicks from W.P. to Inverleigh.

A big thanks to James for wagging the tail, (he's the bank robber in the group photo, you will have to look to see what I mean) and thanks to Jules for putting the photo's together on the other posting. I'm about to click on the "send" button now, so if you are reading this it worked!

Peter Barclay

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum