Sunday 26th August, Ride to Yea

Go down

Sunday 26th August, Ride to Yea

Post by Ron Howell on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:08 pm

Ride Report 26.08.2018 by Graham & Photos from Gentle

Eleven riders gathered at Corio for the August long ride to Yea. Gentle was the ride leader and Richard volunteered to be tail-end Charlie. We picked up Jimbo and Robert on the Bacchus Marsh Road and Greg’s son Cameron met us at Gisborne taking our number to fourteen. It was pleasing to see Richard and Robyn on the ride. Willy who was nursing an injured hand saw us off at Corio. The weather was a bit cool however the sun was shining.  We headed off through Bacchus Marsh and stopped at Gisborne for morning tea.

After morning tea the fun riding began, we headed off over Mount Macedon to Lancefield, then worked our way towards Pyalong before turning off to go through Tallarook. The ride through this area was magnificent with the large rocks, green grass, rolling hills and lovely sunshine. The perfect day to be on your bike.

We then continued along to Trawool where we turned onto the Goulburn Hwy and on to Yea for lunch.  Most had lunch at the many Bakeries, I pigged out on a pie and a beesting.  I joked that I would have to push the bike to work off the cream, it was worth it, beautiful.
Home was via Kinglake, Whittlesea, Donnybrook around the back of Melbourne Airport, Bulla, Diggers Rest, Rockbank, past the Melton Reservoir and back onto the Bacchus Marsh Road. It was amazing to see all the new estates and houses being built on the back roads. I saw Mal checking out a Metricon Display House at Rockbank. That man is always thinking about work.

The ride finished at Corio just as a sun shower started. The weather for the ride was very kind to us, a bit cool but plenty of sunshine. I would like to thank Gentle for another excellent ride along some fantastic roads. You do a great job Ron. Thanks  also to Richard for tail-end duties.

Graham

Ron Howell

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum