Sunday BBQ at St Helens 7 October 2018

Go down

Sunday BBQ at St Helens 7 October 2018

Post by Jules Pearce on Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Here's a few pics from Ron & Jules from the short ride and BBQ at St Helens. 

Report by Mark Hofmann

A group of about 12 Ulysses motorcyclist`s assembled at 9:30am at Waurn Ponds all revved up and ready to zoom along the bitumen. Gentle announced that he would not be joining the ride but would be setting up the chuck wagon at St. Helens for our 12o`clock lunch and asked for a volunteer to lead the ride.

A deathly silence fell on the group which quickly turned to excited chatter about possible routes. I decided to volunteer because I had never led a ride before and was donned with the magical ride leader vest. 

We rode through Highton up Barrabool Rd towards Ceres and turned right into Merrawap Rd heading to the Hamilton Hwy then turned right again heading towards the Ballarat Rd. From the Ballarat Rd we headed West crossing Sutherlands creek via Bakers Bridge Road, Russel’s Bridge etc we rode past Maude and rode on some roads I know by memory but not by name.

We stopped for our morning rest stop at the Maude lookout and were greeted by our fellow Ulyssesians the West Gate Wanderers.

After our break we scooted to St Helens via Stacy’s Rd Lovely Banks .At the end of the ride we were greeted by Gentle cooking our yummy lunch.

Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum