Victorian Breakfast Club at Nagambie Sat 13th October

Go down

Victorian Breakfast Club at Nagambie Sat 13th October

Post by Jules Pearce on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 pm

As the weather forecast for the weekend looked sensational Gentle sent out an email to see who was interested in a ride to the Victorian Breakfast Club meeting in Nagambie. The departure time was set at 7.00am from Waurn Ponds with a 7.30 pick up at Avalon BP for anyone from Lara etc.
We had nine bikes at Waurn Ponds and collect Peter H on his Spyder at Avalon, but somehow missed James and Henny there! John T also travelled independently via the inland route.

Mark with his new bike. The last one did over 200K kms.

Above: Gentle rolls in

With gentle and Coll leading, we headed to Nagambie via the Western Ring Road and the Hume Hwy, with a pit stop at Donnybrook. The first part of the ride was a bit chilly but once over the Divide it warmed up nicely. There was a reasonable turn out at the bakery, however, I was surprised that there weren’t more, given that the Melb Branch had 55 people at their annual Odyssey just up the road at the resort.

Above: John Cook (on right)  inviting all to come on a local ride that he was leading.

Above: Paul (centre) who organises the VBC.

After coffee, pies and banter we fuelled up and Mark N led the scenic ride home via Heathcote, Lancefield, where some of the group had lunch, then on to Trentham and over to Bacchus Marsh via some really scenic backroads in gorgeous sunny conditions. Unfortunately our TEC’s Ron & Coll ran into trouble not far from Redesdale with a flat rear tyre which they managed to plug and partly inflate. Richard and Mal accompanied them to Redesdale for an air hose, but there was no garage open.  

The ride for the main group ended at Bacchus Marsh and we all made our way home as did the flat tyre trio, although Richard went missing in action as they entered Geelong!

Above: at Bacchus Marsh at the end of the ride.

All up it was a brilliant ride in near perfect weather conditions. A big thanks to Ron for organising the ride, leading the leg up and part TEC and to Mark N for leading a really brilliant homeward route – the kilometres just flew by. I did in excess of 500kms for the day. (Jules Pearce).
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Re: Victorian Breakfast Club at Nagambie Sat 13th October

Post by Ron Howell on Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

Just a follow up to the Ride Report, I would be lacking my duties if I didn't report a definite recognition of someone very close to receiving the EMTY Award. The only thing that saved this person from receiving the official award is that his mis-calculation occurred on a Non official Club Ride.

John Tomlin chose to ride to Albury after the Breakfast Club gathering, without topping up his tank he chose a road that traveled in an Easterly direction hoping to get onto the Hume Highway close to Longwood. Much to his dismay the road turned to gravel and the Triple Speed was not handling it too well, he turned back towards Nagambi and then found another road with a sign to Longwood.

After a fair few klms John finally found the Hume and headed north, he finally saw a Servo in the distance and was very relieved, only to run dry approx. 100 meters from the Servo.
Ron Howell

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum