Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service

2 posters

Go down

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service Empty November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 am

Here are some great photos from the Memorial Ride to Mount Macedon. Gentle & Coll, Willie and Lindsay travelled by car towing the chuck wagon and a trailer with tables and chairs etc. Gentle did an amazing job of organising the catering supplies and logistics. I'd like to acknowledge all those who contributed by way of cooking (Willie, Lindsay & "Ducky") and all who set up the tables and shelters, served the food and helped with the pack up at the end. Great teamwork! 

The riding group left from the Corio Roadhouse led by Jules straight to Bacchus Marsh where we met the Westgate Wanderers and a few fellas from the Grampians Branch.  Once we negotiated the road closures in Bacchus Marsh we headed along the Avenue of Honour and then out the back way to Toolern Vale and on to Gisborne. We stopped for a minute's silence at 11.00am on the roadside a few kms out of Gisborne. From there it was a good run through to Mount Macedon.
November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-GLzLKHr-L

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-FBTHw6C-XL
The ride crew who left from the Corio Roadhouse

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-RBR5tg5-XL

John (Grampians) & Jules chewing the fat in Bacchus Marsh (Photo credit P Barclay)

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-6LKNr6b-XL
Lindsay at work on the BBQ

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-rtMFzWJ-XL
Newly minted Ford fan, Willie, flipped the burgers

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-SD4wkkf-XL
Steve did a 'Ducky' job on the onions

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-gKhKVwc-XL
Colleen preparing for cashier duties

Once we were at Centennial Park, the ride up to the cross and memorial service was run by the Macedon Ranges Branch with us providing the catering.

As the chefs cooked, the Memorial Service was held at the Mount Macedon Cross. Some excellent pics below courtesy of Peter B.

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-b2D5JNd-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-SP8nmPx-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-sWspBZT-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-WLsrJfj-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-Ww7kV7K-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-8nKrmnT-XL

And then the hungry hoards descended - and we were ready to take their money and feed them!

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-GP6Rwp9-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-bB45rBh-XL

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-4nNCfwm-XL

The rest are just my iPhone pics

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-Vd2MLdj-L
Subtle eh!

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-BVqpPmf-L
John M's V Strom came out for a run

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-SdXTWL5-L
These 6 cylinder Kawasaki's are quite rare in the wild now (though we have a branch member who owns a black one)

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service I-Fdr2hM5-XL
Rob A was in good form.

The riding group travelled home via Woodend, Trentham, Greendale, Ballan and wound up at Anakie. It was great to see John Millar out on a club ride, though the wasp in his helmet on the twisties to Greendale was an unwelcome passenger! 

Many thanks to Mark Nicoll for amazing TEC work all day but particularly when we diverted around a road closure in Bacchus Marsh after I led the combined branches straight to a road block!  (If only I'd listened to your advice Mark!) Thanks also to Peter Barclay for his professional standard photos of the event 

You can CLICK HERE to see a video of the bikes heading off from Centennial Park to the memorial service.

Last edited by Jules Pearce on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service Empty Re: November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service

Post by Mark Nicoll Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks Jules for the report.
It was a great day out - and I must congratulate you on the leadership.
There were more than a few challenges throughout the journey!
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Back to top Go down

November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service Empty Re: November 11th Mt Macedon Memorial Ride and Service

Post by Jules Pearce Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Hey Mark, thanks for the feedback, but my sincere apologies as I forgot to acknlowedge the terrific job that you did as TEC for the ride. I've fixed that now in the report above.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down