Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Ride, Sun 7th April 2019

2 posters

Go down

Short Ride,   Sun 7th April 2019 Empty Short Ride, Sun 7th April 2019

Post by Jules Pearce Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:04 pm

Ride Report & Photos by Ron Howell

There were only 10 starters for this ride, those that attended don’t know why there were so few, but we enjoyed the perfect weather, even at the 9:30 start time.
We departed from Corio at 9:45 and travelled to Batesford then across to Ceres, up into the Barrabool hills and then to Cape Otway Rd. We travelled the length of Mt Duneed Rd to Blue Stone School Rd and then took in the ocean views along 13th Beach. Back into the traffic of Barwon Heads and Ocean Grove and along Shell Rd to Pt Lonsdale and on to Queenscliff for our morning smoko at the Harbour cafes.
For those that haven’t been to the Queenscliff Harbour cafes before; it is a very spectacular place in fine weather, like we had today. Check out the photo.

Short Ride,   Sun 7th April 2019 I-8rXbNmG-L

After the break it was back onto the bikes and heading off to St Leonards and to enjoy the ride along the Esplanade to Indented Heads, then along the back road to Portarlington, on to Drysdale then into Geelong for lunch at the Boathouse on the Bay, where we were graced with the presence of Geelong Branch Royalty in Darkie and Lynn Lewry.  

Short Ride,   Sun 7th April 2019 I-4Rg3wCh-L

The fish and chips at the Boathouse taste great but they are expensive and even bike parking is hard to find here.
As I have said previously, the weather was perfect, the company was great and traffic was medium to light, all up a great day’s ride for those that came along. It was also good to welcome Hank along on the ride and we hope that he joins us again.

Thanks to Patt for being Tail End Charley.
Cheers,
Gentle.                                                                                                                                                               

Short Ride,   Sun 7th April 2019 I-C2BCGz5-L                                
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Short Ride,   Sun 7th April 2019 Empty Re: Short Ride, Sun 7th April 2019

Post by Patt Cristina Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:17 pm

The Stingrays were worth seeing at Queenscliff as well. Two huge enormous beautiful Stingrays flying around under the water. Enjoyed them a lot.
Patt Cristina
Patt Cristina

Back to top Go down