Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October

Go down

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October Empty A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Words: Jules Pearce
 Pics: Jules Pearce & Ron Howell

This is actually my second attempt as I'd written a good intro to this report, only to close the page without saving it. I'm too pissed off to write it all again right now so I will just let the pics tell the story for now. We had a bloody good time despite a pretty mediocre weather forecast and gale force winds overnight Saturday night - after a really balmy evening.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-27Mx3ms-L

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-7jZb4Hq-XL
Tow ball swap on Gentle's 'tractor' to get some more ground clearance on his low slung trailer.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-p2MKc8N-XL

John Grace has his new outfit neatly loaded with his camping gear and food for the weekend.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-2qN2TWX-L

This is my mate Steve's "Mothership". A car transporter that doubles as a pretty excellent camper. Complete with table, tons of hooks to hang up cooking utensils and bike gear,  my 'fridge, LED lights, provision for his historic Norton and our camp stretchers etc. Look carefully and you will see the proverbial 'kitchen sink' is included!

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-pRtTXsC-L
A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-TDfnFCS-L

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-Jx8V3QL-L

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-LPLws9b-XL

Sunset Friday evening. The race bikes has been practicing on a wet track Friday arvo. We had an incredible camp fire - I wished I 'd taken a pic. In fact the fire was so damn good that some fellas sat by it all day Saturday as well rather than venturing trackside!

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-sSXj9dv-X2

Saturday was the best of the weather.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-C2Xhcqd-L

You don't have to be a the Phillip Island MotoGP to see great racing. In fact here you can walk through the pits without an expensive pit pass and chat to riders as you please.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-2SJtDF4-L

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-WHQRWZD-L

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-3LPwvwP-XL

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-K3Zd7VV-XL

The clubrooms actually have the bar and food service - hence the sign.

A few pics from the Mac Park racetrack camping weekend 4-6 October I-6CjDPMM-XL

SA even has enough female racers to run their own race series.

When the spirit moves me I will re-write the report that I wrote previously and lost! Needless to say we all had a brilliant time with lots of good food, fine beverages, banter and bullshit around the camp fire on Friday and Saturday nights. My thanks to all who came and contributed to success of the event - even if I was the brunt of a few of those jokes about "... bikes in the under $2K range! (I will explain another day).

If anyone else has some pics, please send them to me and I will add them to this report.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down