Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Ride to Melton 21st Aug. 2022

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 Empty Sunday Ride to Melton 21st Aug. 2022

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:59 pm

Ride Leader & Report: Ron 'Gentle' Howell

Photos: Peter 'The Lens' Barclay (and one taken by Mal Stapleton)

There were 10 intrepid souls, which included the Geelong Branch’s “Fred & Ginger” (John & Amanda Davis), that showed up in perfect weather for today’s ride.

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-WWZt5dh-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-bBBrpbV-L

We departed just after 9:30 am, and travelled to Anakie, Ballan, Greendale and into the thriving town of Blackwood, to be greeted by 2 women selling coffee and beautiful fresh scones, working out of a van beside a house, oh I nearly forgot, plus the dog.

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-Tf8Wp7M-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-vRzwcjb-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-96d2zPF-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-Vn2Vmv7-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-MjHK726-L

After drinks and eats, some attempted and succeeded, the climb to the public toilets, but some didn’t quite make it, I don’t want to comment on these member’s pants. We then continued our upward travels into the chilly air to Trentham and onto Tylden, Woodend, Macedon, Gisborne and finally into Melton.

Once in Melton, we had to stop and let the Ride Leader work out where he was (his GPS was playing up), but Graham A came to the rescue and led us to Mac’s Hotel, everyone was looking forward to the “$10 Seniors lunch, but we were greeted at the front desk only to be told, due to them only having 1 chef, they were not taking “walk-in” customers. I’m bad, I didn’t pre book due to the low numbers attending the Sunday rides over the past 6 months. We split up and some had Vietnamese, some had huge burgers and I had Bakery food.  BUGGER.

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-wvR9Ljh-XL

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-DpJLvGb-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-3htD64C-L

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-6SzWG3X-LSunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-JjZ3pq8-L

We said our goodbyes to John & Amanda after lunch, we then travelled south to Exford then over to Bacchus Marsh Rd, we had the great pleasure of travelling for approx. 6 kms in 40 & 60 speed limits whilst no one is working on the roads. We turned off the Bacchus Marsh Rd and travelled around the back of the You Yangs and came into the eastern side of Lara, then went back onto the Bacchus Marsh Rd to finish our 243km ride just north of the Ring Road.

Thanks to those that attended, I am sorry for balls-in up the lunch, and thanks to Mark N for being T.E.C.

Cheers,
Gentle.

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 I-dRrMwcF
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ride to Melton   21st Aug. 2022 Empty Captions

Post by Phil Watters Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:26 am

Some of those photos are just begging for amusing captions.

Phil Watters

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down