Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ocean Grove Sunday ride 2/4/23

Go down

Ocean Grove Sunday ride 2/4/23 Empty Ocean Grove Sunday ride 2/4/23

Post by Mark Nicoll Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:25 am

Rocked up on a fairly overcast but fine and mild day, to head for lunch at the Ocean Grove Bowling Club.
Several like-minded souls did the same, and after a bit of chit chat, we headed off with Gentle leading.
Pat was our TEC but as it turned out - today she was UNEMPLOYED, as we didn’t do any corner marking as the group kept together and all in sight.
Out through Highton, Ceres and the Barrabool Hills, then South through Modewarre and Paraparap.
Did you know that Paraparap is a “palindrome”?(ie spelt the same backwards as forwards).
There are a few around Australia, like Glenelg, Tumut, Hattah, Lal Lal, but Paraparap is the longest one I think there is!
Then we continued through Bellbrae and into the back of Jan Juc.
Gentle had given us the heads up about a couple of “big dipper” roads, with steep series’ of descents and rises. One was Duffields Rd, the other was Bones Rd.
I decided that because Bones Rd was somewhat narrower, we should call it the ‘skinny dipper”
After those couple of “dippers”… we skirted around North of Torquay, out via Breamlea and then through Barwon Heads to Ocean Grove.
My wife Jenn joined us for lunch, which was very good value and all reports on quality were good, and a bonus… as a Senior we got a free soft drink!
Thanks Ron for a good ride and thanks to all for the company and getting along to keep the club social rides alive.

Ocean Grove Sunday ride 2/4/23 SzTeMAPh
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Jules Pearce likes this post

Back to top Go down