Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday ride 28th May 2023

Go down

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 Empty Sunday ride 28th May 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Sun May 28, 2023 8:26 pm

Ride Leader, Report & Pics: Jules

Riding the Otways on a fine sunny day any time of the year is wonderful motorcycling. Unfortunately today was not such a day with showers forecast for morning and afternoon. 

However, to my surprise when Sheryl and Graham showed up at Waurn Ponds they were still quite keen to go riding. An Otways ride was not on, so my 'Plan B' was a route to Birregurra for morning tea via Barrabool Road, the Princes Hwy and Conns Lane. After a hot drink and some nibbles at Birregurra, we then skirted around Colac to Irrewillipe and then headed north, crossed the Princes Hwy to Red Rock via Lake Corangamite. 

From Red Rock Sheryl led us to a flooded quarry that she knew of near Ondit. From here were headed to Beeac for lunch at the Lolly Shop and then on to Winchelsea via the Urack Rd on dry roads and with the wind behind us. The we just headed back to Geelong via the Princes. The map below is not 100% accurate (accidentally omitted the quarry site) but its near enough.

All up, not a bad ride after all. Certainly not dreadful and with good quality riding gear all three of us remained dry and cozy all day.

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-Tm2s2Kh

Here's the Birregurra to Winchelsea part of the route map.

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-2vms6pC-L

Two thirds of the ride group at Waurn Ponds.

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-TMk9HRv-L

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-MFvq72Q-X2

Still smiling at Red Rock. Vistas and no drizzle!

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-BtCdtvR-L

Flooded quarry enroute to Beeac.

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-p7nhRCH-XL

Sunday ride 28th May 2023 I-QPSsptb-XL

Leaving Beeac. Dry roads, 12C temp and a tail wind from here on.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Sheryl Townsend likes this post

Back to top Go down