Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017

2 posters

Go down

Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017 Empty Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017

Post by Graeme Beardwood Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Ride leader: Gentle
Report: George Patterson

It was a cold but otherwise still morning when we gathered at the Macca's, Waurn Ponds, with some having more time to tyre kick than others, but more on that later. The ride was to the Wonky Donkey in Forrest, with a stopover in Birre-gurra. We set off from Waurn Ponds on time and encountered plenty of fog but finally arrived in Birregurra at about 10:15 for a well-deserved hot drink. Having arrived at Forrest and re-remembered that the Pub doesn't open until noon, a half dozen members rode up to the Western Barwon Reservoir, just a stone’s throw away. Quite a nice spot. The meals were good sized, though some of the burgers went back for reasons unknown to the writer. There were a few mix ups, the obvious one is the second vegetarian pizzas was mistaken as being already out of the kitchen. Over-all, I give the meals an 8/10, with the main complaint around the table seemed to have been that they couldn't finish the burgers. After lunch, we proceeded to Moriac to end the ride and head our different ways. The day was incident free, apart from myself who made a basic mistake of stopping on wet grass during one of the corner marking, just before Birregurra. Well, the stop was okay but during the departure when the rear wheel lost trac-tion with the bike doing a 180 and dropped me onto the ground, no damage done to bike or person. Thanks Mal and Rob for stopping to check all was okay.
Graeme Beardwood
Graeme Beardwood

Back to top Go down

Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017 Empty A pic

Post by Jules Pearce Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:41 am

Inside the pub

Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017 I-nrhb11

Short Ride to the Wonky Donky Hotel, Forrest - 4th June 2017 I-skpz10
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down