Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club Permit / Red Plates potential problem

2 posters

Go down

Club Permit / Red Plates potential problem Empty Club Permit / Red Plates potential problem

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:17 pm

From Peter Barclay

I received a share on Facebook the other day from a friend who is Secretary of the Australian (or Victorian) Hot Rod Association regarding the Club Permit (Red Plates) scheme.

It seems Vic Roads have not been downloading the relevant data to their data base on "some" registrations. This means some vehicles are technically not registered. It seems that the only proof of payment/registration is a receipt of payment. The stamp in the Log Book is not proof of current registration. If your data has not been downloaded and you turn up next year for your renewal and you cannot supply a receipt of your previous year’s payment, you will have to go through the new registration process again. I.E. a roadworthy etc.! So in the case of an accident or registration check by Police, there will be a lot of work and stress to proof your vehicle is registered. (No receipt and you could be stuffed).
To reinforce this I received a share on face book again on the same subject from the Mark 1 Cortina Owners Association which I have an association with. Same story with a couple of Cortina's not being technically registered because of VicRoads not downloading to their database. I have it on good authority some VicRoads staff, behind the counter, are not trained/instructed/or capable of the correct procedure to finalize the Red Plate scheme to the relevant site. Hence, I think they may have a bit of a problem there.

Yours Etc.

Peter B.         
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Club Permit / Red Plates potential problem Empty Re: Club Permit / Red Plates potential problem

Post by Garry Fair Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:01 am

If you have a up to date receipt on your log book and present it I can't see how you have a problem.  We all should keep our original permit until it expires.  If the police pull you over common sense would dictate the stamp on the book would be sufficient unless you start screaming and carrying on, thus failing the attitude test.   It would be a simple matter to make a call or two when you get home to straighten it out.  If the operator has made an upload mistake, then Vic Roads would be responsible.  
As a side issue there was a situation where the Classic Permit Data base was not linked to city link and therefore you could travel on the toll roads for free   Unfortunately this has been resolved and you will get fined if you travel on the toll roads without a pass.

Garry Fair

Back to top Go down