Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 Empty Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022

Post by Jules Pearce Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:51 pm

Ride Leader and Report: Rob Pow
Pics: "The Lens" (Peter Barclay)

On the warmest morning of the summer so far, a group of 11 (which included one new member) set off for a short ride to Flying Brick Ciderhouse in Wallington. 

This was my third as ride leader and first where I had to remember to corner mark. 

In true Ulysses style we started the ride in the opposite direction to our destination. Heading west initially, then south to Mount Duneed Road, then along picturesque Thirteen Beach road  and into Barwon Heads. 

The air temp on the bike was reading 32C as we headed very slowly across the Barwon Heads bridge, to ensure we took in all the 'scenery' possible. Turning left as we entered Ocean Grove, we headed north into Wallington for lunch. 

The traffic on the peninsula was pretty good for a warm sunny day and I was happy not to miss any corner marking points. 

Managing to find some shade for all the bikes at the Flying Brick was a bonus and lunch was had for all. 

After lunch we all made our own separate ways home around 1 o'clock. 

Regards
Rob Pow

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-z3KCkzF-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-W5MM3bg-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-B4GRjCH-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-Wrn4PFK-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-7T8BL6t-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-nNRCrPp-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-jtgCjZ4-L

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 I-3ZQ3DMr-L

Last edited by Jules Pearce on Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

James Rousseaux likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022 Empty Re: Sunday Short Ride to the Flying Brick Cider Co. 4 December 2022

Post by James Rousseaux Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:33 am

Nice pics! It would have been a perfect day for it! Smile
James Rousseaux
James Rousseaux

Back to top Go down