Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023

Go down

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 Empty Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:37 am

Ride Leader: Phil Harvey

Ride Report: Phil Harvey

Photos: John Bolitho

We met at Waurn Ponds McDonalds carpark as per usual. It was a beautiful mid winters day. Because of the road conditions past Forrest, I decided to change the ride due to safety concerns. 

Sixteen riders took off down Angelsea Rd. It was nice to be back on my Triumph after a whoopsie a couple of months ago. We turned right at the Hendy Main Rd roundabout and meandered our way across to Cape Otway Rd. From there we headed down to Forrest via a detour because of roadworks, which luckily was a fairly decent road. The Forrest brewery was closed which was an issue as our old bladders needed a loo stop and a coffee.

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 I-zfV77Cj

The Forrest General store was a great alternative, and we had our morning tea there. While having our cuppa, a worker came up to us. He was working on the road ahead and said the conditions were not great for bikes, so glad we made the decision not to use that road.

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 I-ZjZXxwT

From Forrest, we took the back road to Colac. We skirted around the outside of Colac before heading to Beeac. We had a great lunch at the Beeac hotel.

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 I-V8dTtPV

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 I-ZBfJbcZ

Mid - Week Ride, Wednesday 12th July 2023 I-w8w4bLt

From Beeac we took the road through Eurack, and finished the ride at Winchelsea.

A short ride of 200km but none the less, very enjoyable.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Stan Kluzek and Phil Watters like this post

Back to top Go down