Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024

2 posters

Go down

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 Empty Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024

Post by Jules Pearce Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:39 pm

Ride Leader, Ride Report & Ride pics: Graham Aitken

The Midweek Ride to Daylesford started from Maccas Waurn Ponds. Sixteen riders met at Maccas. This was Gary on his red Ducati second ride with the Club. Welcome to Marlene from Colac on her BMW.

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 I-6ZtdfmB-XL

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 I-JKVnvcR-L

After a briefing and a picture (the lens was nowhere to be seen), we headed off. Greg was tail-end Charlie. We headed down the Highway along Cochrans Road to Ceres. Cut across to the Midland Highway then right into Bakers Bridge Road. Left into the Maud Road then right towards Anakie. We then turned right into Staughton Vale Road travelling through Balliang to Bacchus Marsh. Most of the group had Morning tea at a local Cafe I forget the name of. However, it's our regular morning tea Cafe. 

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 I-VqrVHXp-XL

After Morning tea 4 of our Group returned to Geelong. The rest of us headed off along the main Street in Bacchus Marsh, (Which is called Main Street) onto the Freeway for a short distance then along the Old Western Highway to Myrniong. Then to Greendale, Blackwood and Trentham. At the roundabout approaching Daylesford we turned right for a few kilometres then left through Hepburn Springs to the Mill Market for lunch.

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 I-3VRtHg4-L

After lunch we refuelled and headed towards Ballan. At Spargo Creek we turned right and travelled along back roads to Ballan. We then travelled along the Ballan Road for a short distance then along the Ballan Meredith Road. The ride finished at Meredith

Thank you, Greg, for being tail-end Charlie. Thank you to all the riders for a great day of motorbike riding.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024 Empty Re: Mid Week ride to Daylesford Wednesday 14 February 2024

Post by Stan Kluzek Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:35 pm

Marlene’s perspective.

Geelong Ulysses Mid Week Ride Feb 14 2024

The midweek ride was a fantastic ride with heaps of twisties on minor rounds through Forrest’s ie Lederderg &  Wombat forest areas with tight corners leading into Daylesford. The eateries were   faultless.

Graeme Aiken led the ride while Greg  - tail-end Charlie both  made for a caring a very safe ride for all riders.      
All the fella’s  were pleasant and respectful to me being the only female rider.

We stopped at Bacchus Marsh for morning tea at a lovely cafe with a view of an  outdoor garden that could be seen from inside.  The staff efficient & accommodating serving very nice coffee. Added to the above the restroom exceptionally clean not, all are!

Graeme  had chosen Lunch at the Mill Market (MM)) because being Valentine’s Day there maybe  be less parking space at the usual cafe  hence he considered the MM  with ample parking space for 16 motorcycles etc.

Hence lunch at Mill Market that, is  an enormous building housing an enormous collection  of used items for sale displayed in an orderly yet creative fashion.  Away from the wares in the same building is the hidden delightful cafe with  great food equally delightful efficient staff in particular the waitress.

Our final stop Ballan  to determine who was leaving the ride to respective homes so that Graeme & Tailend Charlie  knew the rider number they were still responsible for the home run toGeelong.

The lone female rider was now alone and without a leader. Thoughtful  Raf extended an invitation for me ride to with him to Cressy. I was ever so grateful because I was trying to orient  a route home to Colac not my forte  preferring Vic Roads. Riding the Shelford-Cressy Rd was in total contrast of roads early today this one was a never ending straight road that took me to the memory of the 90ml section on the Nullarbor plain. 
Thanks fellas for a truly memorable ride coupled with your good company. 

Stan Kluzek

Jules Pearce likes this post

Back to top Go down