Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024

Go down

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 Empty Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:31 pm

Ride Leader: Ray Box

Ride Report: Ray Box

Pics: Ray Box & Peter 'The lens' Barclay

Todays 4 riders rode to the small country town southwest of Ballarat - Linton.

Total distance travelled – approx. 350kms

• Ray – Lead rider (Geelong President)
  • Kerim Nutku
  • Chris Warly
  • Peter Barclay

Apologies –
  • Jules and

• Karl who came to the ride start but was unable to ride the ride (thanks for the notification)

As discussed at the last monthly meeting if you are not riding the Sunday ride to please let the ride co-ordinator know so this can be passed onto the ride leader. We were expecting everyone except for two riders to be at todays ride??!!!

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-6LJJn3s-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-sRLVBMD-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-BFBp5vm-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-dNr9ZjV-L

We rode off with 4-riders from Waurn Ponds Macro’s at 9.30am. Rain forecast for today but only got a very brief shower over Mount Moriac for the whole day.

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-NgPg5db-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-7BjMMBv-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-hBwFqFz-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-PpF8ZQf-L

First stopped at Birregurra for coffee for 45minutes, from there Colac, then on to Beeac when an older gentleman in a four-wheel drive pulling a trailer/boat decided not to stop at a tee-intersection give way sign and pull out in front of the lead rider. With some serious braking, horn blowing and some single hand signals/arm waving an incident was avoided. He just didn’t look???. 

One large snake was crossing the road during the next leg of the journey who didn’t take kindly to the Harley narrowing missing him and they decided he was a cobra to the following riders. The lead rider took the scenic route via Fox-how across the top of lake Corangamite and on to Linton. Unfortunately the Linton Railway Hotel was closed, (pays to call through to the hotel to confirm opening hours), so we all moved on to Smythesdale Hotel for lunch, another 15kms further.

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-PZqD7wq-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-bqhfwz8-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-xcFRWjZ-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-GbTjwCt-L

Linton Ride Sunday 7 April 2024 I-fv7V9Jf-L

Very nice lunch at the hotel, highly recommend, then rode back via the most direct route to Geelong stopping at Inverleigh for goodbyes and brotherly cuddles.

Great ride with a great bunch of guys. Do it again tomorrow boys.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

James Rousseaux likes this post

Back to top Go down