Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023

2 posters

Go down

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 Empty Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:13 pm

Ride Report: Sheryl Townsend

Pics: Peter The Lens and Jules Pearce

Ride report Wednesday 13th September 2023 Waurn Ponds to Creswick (circa 260 Km)

What a glorious day for a ride!

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-dgkR8jR-XL

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-2LTh2Z3-L

Eighteen riders assembled at the Waurn Ponds meeting place. Briefing done, with 1 minute to go and just as Jules was going to take the before ride picture, Peter (aka The Lens) rode in, jumped off his bike and took the group photo shot. Once Peter was all packed away again, we set off via Thornhill Road to get onto the Ring Road to take us onto the Ballan Road.

Is it just me, or is there just heaps more traffic in Geelong? The Ring Road was just a constant flow of traffic. Onto Ballan – the gentle twisty road through the bush of the Brisbane Ranges highlighted the Cootamundra wattles in full yellow bloom beside the green of the Eucalypts trees – Gold and green - how very Australian.

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-TXW2GV2-L

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-mNXVTnM-XL

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-7fpmqZV-XL

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-34rzFLM-L

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-JgPzKwC-L

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-ZSpQ7pQ-L

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-wTkDmGN-L

After a relaxed Morning tea at Ballan, 3 riders left and the rest of us zig zagged via Gordon, Wallace and Dean – photo stop at the Castrol garage - and then onto Creswick. The scenery on the little back roads was so beautiful – newly ploughed rich brown soil, the yellow of the Canola crops juxtaposed with the green fields of the wheat crops all rolling onto the blue hills of the Brisbane Ranges. Felt great to be alive and on a bike. I do believe I noticed a big smile on my face as we were riding along!

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-HMRHR9G-L

Arrived at Creswick before the Grampians Ulysses Club and went to the ever-popular bakery for lunch. Not long after a lady from the Ballarat Ulysses joined us and as we were leaving the Grampians Ulysses guys arrived. We chatted in the car park for a while – as they ate, and we kitted and fueled up – then home to Geelong.

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-d9P8xsH-L

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-Tw435St-L

Stan and Raff turned right at Ballarat, and we went left – skirting Ballarat via the Western Ring Road and turning off at Warrenheip to come home via Lal Lal.

Thanks Jules, for very kindly stepping in with very little notice to lead the ride and thanks Phil H for being Tail End Charlie.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 Empty Re: Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:19 pm

And while you are here .......

Many thanks to Mal Stapleton for organising an enjoyable lunch at the Barrabool Maze on Sunday10th September. Thanks to all who attended.

And here is a terrific pic of the only ones who actually rode to lunch! 

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 I-Pz38kZm-XL
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 Empty Re: Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023

Post by Mark Nicoll Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:28 pm

Thanks Jules for leading a great ride on a beautiful sunny day.
Great report Sheryl - with a little bit of prose in there...  Smile

Mid Week ride to Creswick, Wed 13 September 2023 Tl5Is8Ah
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Jules Pearce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down