Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024

Go down

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 Empty Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024

Post by Jules Pearce Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:55 pm

Ride Leader: Ron Howell & Report

Pics: Peter 'The Lens' Barclay

The temperature during the day was around 38 degrees and people were worried that the dinner would be cancelled, but I sent a message to those that had booked letting them know that the dinner was certainly still on and those that wanted to drive to the restaurant, it was completely understandable.

When the 5 intrepid riders and 2 in a car, left the Maccas carpark it was 40 degrees so I cut the planned route back a bit, and we went along the Barrabool Hills Rd and then across to Moriac. When we got into Moriac the temperature had dropped to a lovely 30 degrees, and we continued through to Freshwater Creek and then over to Torquay Rd. When we stopped at Armstrong Creek it was down to 27 degrees.

We were joined at the Temping Tastes restaurant/café by the other 8 members that travelled by car, we all enjoyed a very well-priced, tasty and filling meal. The place was nicely air-conditioned and I believe that everyone was happy with the night.

I personally enjoyed a nice balmy nights ride home to Clifton Springs.

Cheers,
Gentle. 

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-8GtM4Bw-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-7ZHVJwZ-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-4wN74WQ-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-vjBBTTT-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-xCrdLFq-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-TK4TG4K-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-JpjpTrt-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-xfS4pF5-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-r5dkvbk-L

Twilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-wd9Rdqb-LTwilight ride to Tempting Tastes Sun 10 March 2024 I-f83LHkc-L
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down