Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022

2 posters

Go down

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 Empty mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Ride Leader: Graham Aitken
TEC: Mark Nicoll

Ride Report: Dennis "Biggles" Petersen
Ride Photos: Peter "The Lens" Barclay

ATTENDED:                14         DISTANCE:  270km     WEATHER: COOL &  CLEAR

Our 14 intrepid riders gathered for the only Non Raining Ride day of the week at our usual Waurn Ponds Maccas car park.

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-PHBSz83-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-bffPrfD-L

We headed out west through Ceres where I noted the only airport with a curved runway.  With Graham out the front we all know that we will travel on the roads less travelled and we did.  We went over the Bakers Bridge then through Maude then Russell Bridge towards the western approach to Bacchus Marsh where we stopped and warmed up with a coffee at the Baby Black Expresso Bar.

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-xQcDzgk-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-GdGMBj9-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-n9PHL6K-L

We all mounted up and headed through the beautiful town of Myrniong then continued north through Greendale and the rolling hills of Blackwood where gold was firsts found in Victoria. We turned east at Trentham and meandered towards to Gisborne where we had lunch at the revamped bakery now called the Jolly Miller Cafe.  Interesting offered was the elaborate ‘Dog Menu’ which was amazing but none our members were seen trying this menu out.  

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-2vd7FMd-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-vmz75Tk-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-BjkqB7f-L

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-kkrFBTF-XL

After our lunch we moved south from Gisborne, we descended down the Macedon Ranges and witnessed the distant view of the Melbourne Skyline to the east.  We then went along the Long Gully Rd where many dead Kangaroos were noted by the Riders.  Through the eastern outskirts of Bacchus Marsh and then south onto the Geelong Rd and then onto Granite Rd to Anankie where we concluded this invigorating Ride by our Ride Leader.   

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 I-7dNBk2T-L

Those who were unable to attend missed out on a great ride by the Ulysses Club of Geelong .. just saying LOL 

‘BIGGLES’
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Ron Howell and Mark Nicoll like this post

Back to top Go down

mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022 Empty Re: mid Week long ride to Gisborne 10 August 2022

Post by Mark Nicoll Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:33 am

Thanks for the report Dennis - a good summary of the day
And thanks also to Graham for the good day out and Peter for the photos.

I had almost forgotten how cold it can get through Blackwood and Trentham areas...
Got down to about 4-5 degrees over the ranges.
I really felt for those members on the naked bikes with no heated grips!
Tough stuff.
Another good day out!
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Back to top Go down