Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020

Go down

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020 Empty Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020

Post by Jules Pearce Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Ride Leader, Report & Pics: Graham Aitken

Numbers were down this year for the Midweek Ride to Mirboo North. Five made the 9am start at Maccas North Geelong. One rider met us at Diggers Rest and another two at Healesville, making our group eight.

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020 I-qKPC6x3-L

We made our way to Bacchus Marsh via the Bacchus Marsh Road, which involved roadworks of course. After morning tea at Bacchus Marsh we headed off along the old highway, Long Forest Road, Toolern Vale, and Diggers Rest. Then off through Bulla around the back of the Airport, Tullamarine Fwy, Western Ring Road and off at Donnybrook Road.  Whittlesea, Kinglake West, Kinglake and into Healesville.

Peter and John were waiting for us, and after lunch we made our way to Yarra Junction, Noojee, then the fun twisties to Willow Grove where we turned right to Trafalgar and Mirboo North.

Andrew, the new manager at the Motel made us welcome and arranged for the local Hotel to collect us for dinner. An enjoyable meal was had by all and a few bevies as well.

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020 I-Xn2dRrp-L

In the morning Mark headed off early due to commitments at home. Peter Rees and Poppy also left early.

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020 I-93nnwRf-L

A mixup in communication saw us leave without Prince Phillip and Tanya. We travelled through Trafalgar, stopping at Neerim South for morning tea. During our stop Phil and Tanya caught up with us, so we were 5.

Overnighter to Mirboo North 11 & 12 March 2020 I-LpJM9WB-L

We stopped at Healesville for lunch, then headed off through Yarra Glen, Wattle Glen, Diamond Creek, Greensborough, onto the Ring Road and home.

A total of 660 kilometres travelled in perfect weather. Thank you Geoff ,for Tail End Charlie duties to Mirboo North and Marlene for the return trip.

Graham
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down