Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride

2 posters

Go down

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride Empty Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:55 am

Ride Report and pics by Peter (The Lens) Barclay

In a land far, far away, there was a group of motorcyclists, who were watching, during the week prior, the weekend predicted weather. Was not looking good. So "most" of those dedicated motorcyclists peeked out from under the doona and said "bugger it" I`m staying in bed. Now this brings me to the other group of dedicated motorcyclists who jumped out of the cot, jumped on the bike and motored out to the Corio Bay R/H for 10.30 start. Yep! We even got a sleep in.

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-9qthF2J-L

So there was Gentle (he had to be there 'cos' he was the ride leader) Rob J on his brand new "Yama", John G on the Kwaka, and myself on the "bloody hell it needs a wash" Suz. Yep, four of us. Now on the ride calendar it was nominated as the "Sunday Coffee Run" (That`s the shorty ride for the month.) Well this was a slight misconception, because it should have read the Sunday Hamburger Run. But I will have to admit coffee was involved. So I guess it was mostly correct. Check out the photos accompanying this report, that`s my hamburger in all its glory.

So back to the ride! Well, the tall dude headed off in the direction of Lara. Turning east off Forrest Road at that Museum thingy, over the rail line and down over the ford (not a Ford car but a road that a river may flow over, next to the Melbourne Road) up through Lara past the fire station and into Windermere Rd. Zig zaged over the B/Marsh Rd, and Ballan Rd over to the Steigletz Rd just south of Maude. Down the Bakers Bridge Rd through the big Gheringhap (I still claim that Gheringhap is a female’s name. "Ask Mark") roundabout, down over the Hamilton Hwy. Colac Rd. Hendy Main Rd. and to the "wizzer" stop opposite the Moriac shop.

I reckon we have stopped there before at some time. Took care of a few necessities and made some phone calls and then we made our way directly to the Waurn Ponds shopping complex. Now the "Hamburger Ride" ended at a Restaurant/Cafe called Grill`d. We had the pleasure of the company of Colleen, Lori and Diane for some munchies. (Check out the photo) Now it must be noted that the ladies of the club had a gathering the prior Saturday at the White Eagle House, to discuss how they can be more involved in the Branch`s activities. (I thought it may have been a bitch session about us blokes doing jack s**t, but I believe it was very positive and they came away with a very positive attitude).

I think that this ride was an example of what may be the future direction of our Branch. There are a number of partners unable to travel as a pillion passenger for some reason, but who would still be involved in branch activities. Let’s not be sexist here. We also have have/had a number of male riding members who have retired from riding who can/could be involved in these Branch activities.

Anyways, thanks Gentle, it was a shorty but it was a goody. Noted it was chilly, but I`ve ridden in colder weather, the bike`s threw a shadow the entire ride (I.E. it was sunny, and I had the sunnies on) and the road was dry. That`s enough B/S, a great morning, finished with good company and some good munchies.

Peter (cylinder/optical device) B.

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-F2T9wLd-L

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-JVgQ2Rh-L

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-LKFmb5C-L

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-xc5H8W2-L

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride I-Dzjf5vK-L
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride Empty Re: Sunday 4th July 2021 Short Coffee Ride

Post by Ron Howell Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:30 pm

Thanks for the report Peter, and the hamburgers were good Very Happy
Ron Howell
Ron Howell

Back to top Go down