Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023

Go down

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 Empty Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:05 pm

Ride Leader: Phil Watters
Ride Report: Phil Watters

Pics: Jules & Peter Barclay

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-C4w9Zk3-L

With an advertised setoff time of 1030 I rode 24km around the ring road to be there bright and early. Plenty of time for a large coffee before the rest of the riders rocked in. Mostly between 10 and 1015. It was cool-cold and overcast but dry. Gentle volunteered to be TEC before I had a chance to ask. All up, some 14 riders set off. The "Lens" arrived as we were saddling up but we got some pre-ride pics anyway. 

As we headed out onto the Melbourne road, it was clear back to Purnell Rd, so an easy cross over to the lights at School Rd. As expected, it took three changes of the right turn green light for everyone to get around the corner, so we lined up until Ron made it around. Then across the railway, down to the roundabout and left heading north. On to Rennie St and into Lara. Eventually hitting the Old Melbourne Rd from McIntyre Rd. Through Little River and up Edgars Rd, Kirks Bridge, then Ripley Rd to the Bacchus Marsh Rd. Left there for a few km then Granite Rd, past the impressive Granite Tors approaching Staughton Vale, and down into Anakie. Up De Motts Rd, which many commented that was opposite to the usual direction, left and left again onto Steiglitz Rd then through SheOaks to the Merdith-Steiglitz Rd. The cold and overcast remained with some occasional light drizzle. Enough variation of longish straights and twisty bits through the hills to make it interesting.

Pulled into the Rustic Ram in Meredith right on time. Warm and cozy inside, with good food, served in good time and great camaraderie. We wandered our own ways home thereafter. Thanks to Gentle for being TEC, and to everyone for the impressive turnout.

Phil W

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-82XbL3G-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-8jgQRWt-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-TdHjsBq-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-gJvj5C5-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-MTcwHg7-L

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-7sqXHDz-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-8xCbhxp-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-Pjrbgz8-XL

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-dcsczxP-L

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-BxZbW36-L

Sunday Short Ride 2nd July 2023 I-Nj7xRtD-L