Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023

Go down

Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023 Empty Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:18 pm

Pics, ride Leader and Report: Peter 'The Lens (Pothole Pete) Barclay.

Short Ride, short in numbers, so a short report.
I will title this report "The Three and Me Report"
Yep! 4 of us!!
Fantastic! Great! Do we still do it? A few err and ums, and OK lets go for it.

So to put you in the picture, Pete Hall was to be the ride leader. Pete had some private personal commitment prior to, and over this weekend, so he was unavailable. I was asked to take over, which I did. Now Pete had done all the homework and even did a "recce" run prior, with a map/plan in place. I took over and did a few minor "tweeks" but utilized Pete`s master plan. I also did a pre-run.

Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023 I-qGfc8Md-L

Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023 I-22T3prW-L

Anglesea Short Ride Sunday 5th March 2023 I-xFDZQhf-L

Well we head off just after 10.30, and head out through Barrabool and over to the Hamilton Hwy. through Inverleigh, down the Barwon Park Rd. to Winch. with a left and right and down through the Wurdiboluc area, with a trip down Forest Rd.to the Chocolate Joint roundabout. 500mts/yards/large steps on the Anglesea Rd. and a right turn down Coal Mine Rd. to the old power station site, with a change of direction down Camp Rd. which arrives at the roundabout at the Anglesea pub. Over the bridge, and into the carpark opposite the Anglesea General Store which was to be our finish point.

Well we arrive at the carpark and "glory be" our numbers have increased to 5! Yep! a late comer had just missed us at the leave point, and proceeded directly to the Anglesea General Store. Now there is 5 of us. 5 for a whole 2 minutes. Yep, 2 decided there were not going to socialize with us, and continue back home. So it was down to 3 of us.

So that`s it! A time and financial commitment from both me and Pete H. with a response of 5, 4 on the ride and three doing the catch up at the end. Makes you wonder don`t it.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down