Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March Empty Sunday Short Ride 3rd March

Post by Phil Watters Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:58 pm

Ride Leader and Report: Phil Watters

Pics: Ray Box

A small group assembled at WP Maccas, including the new President who wasn't actually coming with us. Karl volunteered as TEC. He's hard to miss even without a high vis vest. 

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March I-mW6Hqpw

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March I-DsXfK8S

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March I-sFks3RX

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March I-44zb4zX

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March I-5qXXRqH

Eight of us set out on a Bellarine wander, Overcast, cool southerly but dry. We Headed up Sth Valley Rd to avoid two sets of lights, then back down Pigdons Rd. Across the highway, down Ghazepore Rd to Mt Duneed Rd. Turned left, heading east, all the way to the BH road intersection, then around the roundabout on to Blackrock School Rd. Eventually onto 13th Beach Rd, which is a leisurely 60kph these days and into Barwon Heads. Across the bridge, skirted Ocean Grove on the Wallington Rd. Right at the lights then onto Swan Bay Rd to Grubb Rd, turned left to Drysdale. Right at the lights onto the bypass, then on to Portarlington. Hung a right at Smythe St and over the hill to the Queenscliff/Hood Rd intersection. I was going to take the coast route but time suggested the Queenscliff Rd would get us to lunch at the booked time of midday. Down the long straight, a few wiggles at the end, then into Queenscliff for lunch at The Salty Breeze (formerly Nellies). 

Patt and Karl headed off, six of us sat down to very good lunch, then we wandered our own ways home. Fortunately before the southerly really picked up.

Phil Watters

Phil Watters

Jules Pearce and Mark Nicoll like this post

Back to top Go down

Sunday Short Ride 3rd March Empty Re: Sunday Short Ride 3rd March

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:24 pm

I was at the Classic MC races in Mt Gambier so couldn't be there for your ride.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Phil Watters likes this post

Back to top Go down