Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21

Go down

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 Empty Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21

Post by Mark Nicoll Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:08 pm

What a lovely day it turned out to be for our short Sunday ride.
Cool to mild but fine and got sunnier as the day progressed.
14 riders and 1 pillion came along for the 10:30 start. 

Quick briefing done, photos taken (Peter will add these later), and off we went.
Winchelsea, as you all know, is only 30min down the highway, so I had to make the ride as interesting as I could.
So we rode through the old Waurn Ponds, Ceres, turned off the Barrabool Rd and crossed the Barwon River at Pollocksford.
A few zig-zags along back roads between Murgheboluc and Bannockburn, then through Teesdale to Shelford.
I very nice quiet run along the Shelford twisties along the Leigh River Valley and then into Inverleigh.
From there it was the final 20km directly to Winchelsea.
On arrival at 12 o’clock we had the pub to ourselves before other customers began arriving. My wife Jenn met us there right on time too.

I think it is safe to say the no-one was unsatisfied with the quality or size of their meal.
Very good value.

I was amazed that probably for the first time that I can remember when leading a ride, the ride group did not get separated for the whole ride.  
When turning after stretches of straight road, I could see the whole group in my mirrors. Well done team!
No cars interrupted our group and there seemed to be very, very few cars on the road. 

All in all a very nice day out. Thanks everybody who came along and thanks to Patricia for being our TEC.

Some of the starters:
Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 FqD74Q3h

The ride route:
Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 ERz53BLh
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Back to top Go down

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 Empty Re: Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21

Post by Mark Nicoll Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:51 am

Here are a few more photos, courtesy of Peter T.
Thanks Pete.

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 66mVRluh

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 RgAFQ0Zh

Winchelsea - Sunday short ride 5/12/21 TZQBi1Ch
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Back to top Go down