Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Sunday Ride to Winchelsea, 5/11/23

Go down

Short Sunday Ride to Winchelsea,  5/11/23 Empty Short Sunday Ride to Winchelsea, 5/11/23

Post by Jules Pearce Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:28 pm

Ride Leader, Rider Report and Photos: Ron Howell

We gathered at Maccas Waurn Ponds in pleasant weather, I started to explain the route but the riders said that they were just happy to follow the leader as long as they knew where the finish was.

Short Sunday Ride to Winchelsea,  5/11/23 I-qxzStwv-L

After 5 minutes overtime we decided it was time to depart so we went to Ghazepore Road and followed it to Dickins Rd, then into Freshwater Creek, then south through Bellbrae and turned onto Gundrys Rd, past the Country Club to Paraparap then on to Modewarre.

From Modewarre it was north to Gnarwarre then Murgheboluc, through Inverleigh to Barwon Park Rd, where we then headed south to Winchelsea.
We asked but couldn’t find answers to the reason several shops are closed on a busy Sunday lunch time, including the Sweet Thyme Café, therefore we had lunch at the Main Street Café, which was doing a booming trade being the only take-away shop open.

Short Sunday Ride to Winchelsea,  5/11/23 I-ck2qWww-L

We called it quits after lunch so that we could make our own ways home, I am happy to say that I got our riders lost and wondering where they were at some points of the pleasant 99 kms ride. (And no gravel roads)

Cheers,

Gentle.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Sheryl Townsend likes this post

Back to top Go down