Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 Empty Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:16 am

Ride Leader, map and photos: Ron Howell
Ride Report: Graham Aitken

It was the first day of Daylight Saving for our short ride to Queenscliff. Starting time was 10.30am at Maccas Waurn Ponds. The Ride was well attended with 12 bikes, 2 pillions plus 2 in a car. The weather was ideal with bright sunshine and all bikers excited to be out and about after a long cold winter. 

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 I-TDMhbqM-L

Ride leader Gentle gave the briefing and Pat volunteered to be tail-end Charlie.

We headed off down the Colac Road then into Cochranes Road to Ceres. Along Barrabool Road to Anderson Road over the Colac Hwy to Moriac. Left over the railway line at Moriac then over the Anglesea Road to the outskirts of Torquay. Along Horseshoe Bend Road to Breamlea then along 13th Beach keeping one eye on the road and the other on the surfers. The warm weather brings out bikers and surfers. Right at Barwon Heads to Ocean Grove then along Thacker Street to Point Lonsdale and into Queenscliff. Queenscliff was busy with its usual Sunday visitors.

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 I-MVn7HpS-L

We were joined by 4 others at Nelly's who had travelled to Queenscliff by car to join us for lunch.

Lunch was at Nelly's at the Pier. This was my first time at this venue. I was very impressed with the venue. Gentle had booked us several tables under a large marque and the atmosphere was very pleasant. The meals were excellent, the staff friendly and the service good. I will return in the future.

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 I-hp5RvbT-L

Thank you Gentle for leading the Ride and organising the venue. Also thank you for volunteering me to do the Ride Report. 

An enjoyable ride with great company and excellent food. Thank you Pat for Tail-end Charlie duties.

Graham
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll and James Rousseaux like this post

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 Empty Re: Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:18 am

It looks like it was an excellent ride and lunch. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Patt Cristina likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022 Empty Re: Sunday Ride to Nelly's Cafe Queenscliff 2nd October 2022

Post by Mark Nicoll Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:35 pm

Likewise - it was a perfect day for a ride - sorry to miss it.
Attending a friend's 60th in Melbourne, but I wish I could have done both!
Mark Nicoll
Mark Nicoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down