Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021

3 posters

Go down

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 Empty Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:33 pm

All pics and Ride report by Peter 'The Lens' Barclay

The Plot: Munchies at the Brittania Hotel in Carisbrook (Just east of Maryborough, that`s the Victorian one, not the Qld. one)

The Scene: Corio Roadhouse, Sunday morning for a 9am start.

The Cast: Gentle, Mark N. and me!!!!!!

That`s right!

Roll call-       Gentle, present sir,------- Mark, present sir,-------- Peter, present sir-----------------
Yes that`s right "3"              Bloody hell, the weather wasn`t the best but it wasn`t that bad.

"Anyways", 9am comes and we look at each other and we said that looks like it`s it, lets hit the road. Well you know all the dudes that ride between the ride leader and Tail End Charlie, well I was him/them. Gentle up front, Mark taking up the rear, and me taking the role of the "Group".

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-MbTLLct-L

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-Ns8ptWx-L

From the CRH we travelled well-travelled roads out through Steiglitz, Meridith, and up to Buninyong. The pub carpark. Mark and Gentle had their thermoses (should that read Thermi?) and I wandered over the road to a brand new little cafe, up the road towards the north. It`s a bike themed (that`s the pushy type, not motor) cafe with a bike shop attached. All very new.

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-krMKGXS-L

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-VZM6vfT-L

"Anyways" off we go and up towards Sebas, but we turn left and start heading west. This is when I realize I am a member of the "Werearethef**karewetribe. That`s the 3 foot natives that live in the 4 foot grass. Haven't got a clue for the rest of the day where I am, where I`ve been and where I`m going. I just follow the tall dude up front. We headed up through Windemere passing the Windemere Pub. Google Maps says it`s temporally closed, (typical covid comment), but it looked like it has not served a beer for years. I think we gave Lake Learmonth a visit in passing and into Clunes. And then Clunes up to Carisbrook. We visited the local lock up which Gentle and Mark tried to get into (see photo for positive proof, would I lie?!!!) then off to the famous Britannia Hotel.

Had to do the QR code thingy and show proof of double Vac. Lucky for me Mark showed me how to display it on my phone before we went in. Otherwise I would have had to stand outside and watch through the window. Lucky me. We also had the pleasure of the company of Phil and Clair. They had been having a bit of time share up Kyneton way and decided to motor over to join us. Gee our numbers have nearly doubled. 

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-JWcB4vb-L
Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 I-GJwQg9x-L

"Anyways" time to head homewards. Down through Campbelltown, Smerton, Newlyn, Leigh Creek (Vict. not SA.) Yendon, Mt Egerton, Morrisons, over to Anakie, and down to the Midland Hwy. Done and Dusted at about 350k.
That`s the ride report. Now the weather report. Was a bit moist and colder around the Ballarat region. Mark being an ex. "Ballaratorian" stated something along the lines of "Arr Ballarat, one day cold, the next day freezing". But as we headed west and north the riding became quite pleasant. Not wet T shirt weather but OK with your regular riding gear on.

"Anyways" a great ride, good company, and good food. Well done to the tall dude.

Peter B.  (Photographic magnifying device)          

Last edited by Jules Pearce on Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Peter Townsend, Stewart Beveridge and Phil Watters like this post

Back to top Go down

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 Empty Re: Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021

Post by Graeme Beardwood Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:46 pm

Was this ride only for Gentle and Mark?  There were 6 photos posted and Mark and Gentle are in 5 of them!
Graeme Beardwood
Graeme Beardwood

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down

Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021 Empty Re: Carisbrook Ride, Sunday 24 October 2021

Post by Jules Pearce Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:50 pm

All will become clear when I post Peter B's ride report!
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Townsend Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:51 pm

Extremely entertaining report by the "lens" - well done!! Look on the positive side - the corner marking would have kept you on your toes and prevented you from becoming bored!!

Peter Townsend

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down