Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run

Go down

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run Empty Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run

Post by Jules Pearce Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:00 am

Ride organiser and leader: Peter Barclay
Ride Report: Peter Barclay
Pics: Peter Barclay and Jules

Culinary Travels! That's what it is. This bike riding caper is only a cover for some "eatin` and drinkin`"  Hence todays destination being the Ocean Grove Bowling Club Dining Room. And a great lunch was had by all.

Now the bit of how we arrived at such a place is as follows. Well the eatin` and drinkin` is shared with a bit of gamblin` Yep! it was our annual Bingo and Poker Run. Always the last event (ride) of the year. 

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-pCnLQRD-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-2JpjjcP-L

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-HqXvg2r-L

So our ride for today starts at McD`s in Waurn Ponds. With our first Bingo call and Poker card issue being undertaken, we set off just after 9.30. (We got away at a reasonable time).

We wind our way through the guts of Belmont, then over through Highton, and up over the hill and down through Queens Park and over the Queens Park Bridge. A left turn just after the bridge and then another lefty into Aberdeen and down the famous Deviation Road.
Our first stop was at the big car park (next to the Fyansford Hotel) with a rotunda and toilets.

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-QKMSWRx-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-WmJ9fdz-L

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-VCG4X9s-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-8WbTS2p-XL

Second "Bing" call and "Po" card issue and we are off out through Fyansford and down the famous Merrawarp Rd. a right and then left down my favorite road (Andersons Rd.) that happens to be signed as "Local Traffic Only" We are a radical mob are we not?!!

So a bit of a zig zag and we arrive at the park (toilet and rotunda) opposite the Moriac shop. Another card pull and one member dashed over to the shop for a Coffee and cake, and then we is off!!! 

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-WCgJVsS-L

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-XnFFzTm-L

So south out of Moriac and a righty then a lefty down the (also) famous Forest Rd. all the way to the Anglesea Rd, with a change of direction towards the north with a diversion through Bells Beach and into the Jan Juc area. Slipped around the west side of Torquay, crossed the Geelong Rd at South Beach Rd and zig zagged through Breamlea, around the block and along the (another famous) 13th Beach Rd. I`d love a dollar for every time we have been down that road. Then over the Barwon Heads Bridge and straight on to the Ocean grove Bowling club. To save time (our lunch booking was for 12.30) I decided to miss our 3rd stop of the day and motor directly to our munchie stop. We did a card pull in the carpark and then dashed in for our Culinary delights!!

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-JbjQh3H-L

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-c5KhjzF-XL

So after lunch we all gathered in the corner of the Dining room and did the last of the Bingo draw until someone claims they are the winner. Strict instructions were issued to all participants, if anyone yelled "Bingo" they were going to get a smack. If they won, just yell out anything but "Bingo" Why? Beats me!

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-RRZ4TCQ-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-jwm6GwR-L

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-d3FGbzb-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-DjnpZ7s-XL

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-78CVDV6-XL

Winners are grinners!

Sunday 18th December Poker and Bingo Run I-kwQ7tJ8-XL

Now if you need to borrow some cash, the following people are the ones to chase!
The winners are-

Bingo- 1st place-   Ken. -  Wins a $150 voucher from Twisted Moto.
            2nd place- Sandra - Wins $75 cash
            3rd place- Equal between Mark and Corrie winning $15 each.

Poker- 1st place- Peter H. Wins a $150 voucher from the Bike Shed.
            2nd place- Leigh wins $75 cash.
            3rd place- Mark (yep! same Mark) wins $50 cash.

A very big thank you must go to Mal for organizing the cards and prizes along with Gentle. Phil also helping out on the day calling the B. numbers and issuing cards. Thanks so much.

We had approx. 20 bikes (2 pillions) and 1 car with about 30 people seated for the meal. A fantastic turn out. Thanks to all for making it today.
And also thanks to Pat for undertaking the "sweep" I.E. Tailend Charlene. Thanks Pat.  ( I think the off-road bikers call the Dude that follows along behind the "Sweep") The carpark at Fyansford was gravel so I guess we was off-road!!!

That`s it, I`m gunna push the send button now!!  

Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Jules Pearce, Mark Nicoll and Ian Jardine like this post

Back to top Go down