Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December 2021 Edition #308

Go down

December 2021 Edition #308 Empty December 2021 Edition #308

Post by Admin Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:27 pm

PRESIDENT’S REPORT, DECEMBER 2021

It is good to be able to finish the year with some fun times, we have had some good rides lead by Mark, being the Long Sunday Ride to Beaufort and the Short Sunday Ride to the Barwon Hotel at Winchelsea. There was also a shortish Mid-Week Ride from Waurn Ponds to the Corio Shell Club, via Meredith.

The highlight of the month (in my opinion) was getting out socially with mates and partners for a delightful meal at the Mambo Restaurant, our thanks must go to Mal Stapleton for organising a great evening.

Still to come for this year, we have a guest speaker attending our December Social Meeting on Wed 15th. Imran Akhtar of “Tuff Gear”, a local distributor of Motorbike Clothing and Riding Gear will show us some of his goods.

Peter Barclay is working tirelessly setting up the routes for the Poker & Bingo Run ride, being held on Sunday 19th December. The starting point is Waurn Ponds at 9:30 am but the smoko and lunch location is still being negotiated at the time of writing this report. But be assured it will be a fun day with good prizes being awarded, the cost will be $5.00 per hand of poker and $5.00 for a sheet of 6 games of bingo.
If you haven’t yet, please consider standing for a committee position next year, all positions become vacant and at the moment, 3 out of the 6 sitting members will not be re 2 standing after numerous years on the Committee. If you have any questions on a particular role, please feel free to ask me or any other Committee person.

Also, if you wish to nominate a member of the Branch for Club Person of the Year, please contact our Secretary, Don. You may think that nobody deserves a nomination this year, but please think about what has been organised for your enjoyment and the information that you have received over the past 12 months, this doesn’t “just happen.”

I am sorry to inform you that I have heard of our first member to get COVID 19, I am not at liberty to say who it is, but I am sure that I can wish them a swift recovery on behalf of all Geelong Branch members.

On a personal note: On behalf of Colleen and myself, I take this opportunity to wish you and your families a Merry Christmas and safe “Silly Season” Hopefully you will join me on many rides in 2022.   

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy reading the December Edition of our Exhaust Notes – please CLICK HERE to read it.

Cheers,

Gentle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down