Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023

Go down

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023 Empty Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:25 pm

Ride Leader, pics and Ride Report by Graham Aitken

Twelve riders gathered at Waurn Ponds for our Monthly ride to Daylesford. The plan was to catch up with the Grampians Ulysses Group for lunch at the Mill Market. Mal S volunteered for tail-end Charlie duties. We headed off through Ceres, Bakers Bridge Road, Maude, Anakie , Staughton Vale Road towards Bacchus Marsh. We turned left at the big roundabout about 6 kms from Bacchus Marsh then travelled through Rowsley, Glenmore and up over Lover’s Leap.

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023 I-BbV3jv9-XL

It has been a long time since I was on this Road and the road surface has deteriorated and it was full of pot holes and in very poor condition. It was a shame that the Lens (Pot hole Pete) was not with us to get some action. Unfortunately one of our riders damaged a tyre and a Tow Truck was required.
 His Bike was taken to the Motor Bike shop for a new tyre.

The rest of the Group continued to Ballan for Morning Tea. On our arrival there was a large number of other Ulysses Groups including the Macedon Ranges Group enjoying a break.

After Morning Tea we lost 4 riders who headed home. We were now down to seven riders. We headed off through Greendale, Blackwood and Trentham towards Daylesford. We turned right at the big roundabout just before Daylesford and went past Mt Franklin. Left towards Newstead then left again to take us through Hepburn Springs to Daylesford.

We arrived at 1pm and were greeted by 5 members of the Grampians Ulysses Group who had arrived just before us. The Grampians Group were unaware of the Mill Market and were impressed with the place. I had a homemade pie with relish which was lovely. A few had the toasted sandwiches which looked good. Lunch was enjoyed by all, and we will definitely be back.

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023 I-wpdWq9z-XL

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023 I-FmgcfqQ-XL

Midweek Ride to Daylesford Lunch with Grampians Branch Wed 8th March 2023 I-VqLq69H-XL

After saying our good byes to the Grampians Group we refuelled. We lost another two riders who headed straight back to Geelong. We were now a group of five.

We headed off along the Ballan Road all the way to the Meredith turn off. We turned right to Meredith then along the Midland Highway. We then turned left along Sharps Road to Sheoaks finishing the Ride at Maude.

A great day out, the weather although a bit windy was dry. Thank you to John Harkin and the Grampians Group for joining us for lunch. Thank you Mal for tail-end duties. And a special thank you to the riders who finished the ride.
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Mark Nicoll likes this post

Back to top Go down