Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023

2 posters

Go down

Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023 Empty Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023

Post by Jules Pearce Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:48 pm

Ride Leader, Reports and Pics: Graham Aitken

I arrived at Maccas Waurn Ponds to a cold wet morning. I was not hopeful that any riders were going to turned up for the proposed ride to the Mill Market Daylesford. After a while Michael arrived followed by Rob, Sheryl, Russell and Steve. Geoff and Janice arrived by car as Janice was keen to visit the Mill Market.
 The weather was wet, cold and windy. After a discussion with the riders it was decided that we would ride to Ballan for morning tea then assess the Ride. Due to the small number we did not corner mark or have a Tail-End Charlie.

Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023 I-MjgNh9x-L

We headed off along the Princes Hwy then right into Cochranes Road to Ceres. We then rode along the Midland Hwy to Bannockburn. We turned right into Russell Bridge Road to Maude. We then turned left and travelled through She Oaks to Meredith. We turned right over the railway line and right again into Gravel School Road to Ballan Road. A left turn into Ballan Road arriving in Ballan for morning tea.
Morning tea was at the Zest Café. The warm café was a very welcome change from the Ride which was very Wet, Cold and Windy. Sheryl told me she nearly pulled out at Meredith due to the strong wind blowing her bike about.

Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023 I-dzJQ4gX-L
After morning tea Geoff and Janice continued on in the car to Daylesford. The rest of us decided to return to Geelong due to the weather forecast showing that the day was only going to deteriorate.

We pulled up at Anakie where the Ride finished. We didn’t stop for long as the Riders wanted to get home before the weather turned bad.

Graham A
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Back to top Go down

Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023 Empty Re: Sunday Ride to Daylesford 25th June 2023

Post by Phil Watters Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:46 pm

None but the brave! I surfaced at 0800, looked at the sky, looked at the rain radar and decided to read some news. By 0830 I was convinced that I'd be doing it way too tough out there. Went back to bed. I hope the weather is better next Sunday!

Phil Watters

Back to top Go down