Geelong Ulysses Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024

2 posters

Go down

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 Empty Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024

Post by Ron Howell Tue Oct 08, 2024 9:04 am

Short Ride to Leopold      Sunday 6/10/24

Following a wet and miserable yesterday, and the change over to Daylight savings, we only had 5 riders turn up at the Corio Roadhouse for this ride to Leopold Sports Club for lunch.

After checking the radar, everything looked cool but fine, Chris W and I decided to wear our Wet Weather gear so that the other 3 would remain dry. 

We departed Corio and travelled to Sutherlands Creek along Steiglitz Rd then cut across to Russells Bridge via Parker Rd, then through Bannockburn and  across to Murgheboluc we then headed East along Hamilton Hwy and turned into Merrawarp Rd. From Ceres it was then across to the Moriac store for a pleasant Coffee break, the weather stayed kind to us on this leg of the trip.

Whilst sitting in the shop, Chris and I decided to pack away the W.W. gear, but just as we got back to the bikes we looked to the S/W direction and changed our minds again, so back into the “wets”.

We departed Moriac and turned in to the western end of Mt Duneed Rd and rode east, we could see light rain over Torquay and Breamlea and I was hoping that we would miss it, but when we got to the 13th Beach Golf Course we had about 3 mins of rain, this made Pete B, John G and Grassy “not happy Jan”, at this point I decided to cut the ride a little shorter and headed directly to Leopold for lunch.

John G chose to ride home from Leopold and the remaining 4 of us were happy to sit down inside where it was warm and very comfortable, we all enjoyed a generous $18 meal and conversations between us, then we each went our separate ways home.

I would like to thank Peter, John, Chris and Grassy for coming along on this enjoyable 120 km ride.

Cheers,
Gentle.
Ron Howell
Ron Howell

Back to top Go down

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 Empty Re: Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024

Post by Jules Pearce Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:13 pm

Okay, sorry for the delay in posting Peter "The Lens" Barclay's pics from the day.

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-LbcfttX-L

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-rZPCGm8-L

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-hBS4VKS-L

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-6qrB47n-L

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-gnPTXkS-L

Short Sunday Ride 6th Oct 2024 I-9tz3CHF-L
Jules Pearce
Jules Pearce

Stan Kluzek likes this post

Back to top Go down